Back in January of this year I had a couple of posts
- Opinion Poll: Which is your favourite make of soft pastels? - which analysed my poll on my website Pastels - Resources for Artists. This ran from 2006 through to the end of 2009
- The NEW 2010 Soft Pastels Opinion Poll - which announced a new survey.
|2010 Poll: What is your favourite make of soft pastels? |
on Pastels - Resources for Artists.
I can now tell you that a total of 361 people voted in the 2010 Poll: What is your favourite make of soft pastels? on Pastels - Resources for Artists.
You can see the results on the right.
The top five soft pastels favoured by those voting in the poll are as follows:
(Links are to the manufacurers websites)
Just in case anybody thinks there is any sort of European bias going on here, both this blog and my pastel resources site get most of their vissitors from the USA!
This compares to the 2006-2009 poll results which indicated that the top five soft pastels are
- Unison 19.6%
- Sennelier 15.9%
- Terry Ludwig 13.5%
- Schminke 11.7%
- Talens Rembrandt 8.2%
- Unison retains its top spot and has apparently increased its market share over other pastel brands (in terms of expressed preferences) through an increase from 19.6% to 21.9%.
- Schminke have had the best result in terms of moving from #4 spot to the #2 spot
- Terry Ludwig appears to have lost the most ground falling from #3 to # 5 (13.5% to 6.1%)
- Unison Pastels - Resources for Artists
- Unison produce a really great range of highly pigmented sets of Soft Pastels in colour values which are completely addictive. Recently Unison topped a poll to find artists' favourite brand of soft pastels.