|Cosmo Catnapping #11 (on 11.01.11)|
drawn using Sketchbook Pro and a mouse!
If you've got a Mac, there's a rather good offer in the new Apps store for Macs which succeeded in generating over a million downloads in one day last week.
The main purpose of this post is to alert you to this fact and to show off my very first sketch using a mouse and Sketchbook Pro - which is the drawing of my boy cat Cosmo (above)
I'm interested in apps for artists so have been investigating what's available in the Apps stores for the iPad and as of last week the new Mac Apps store.
I've decided to try Sketchbook Pro by Autodesk.
- I started by buying Sketchbook Pro for my ipad via iTunes which cost me the grand sum of £4.99 ($7.99). For this all I need is a finger!
Autodesk SketchBook® Pro for iPad is a professional-grade paint and drawing application. Using the same paint engine as its desktop counterpart, SketchBook Pro delivers a complete set of sketching & painting tools through a streamlined and intuitive user interface designed exclusively for the iPad experience.
Whether you are an occasional doodler or a professional illustrator, SketchBook Pro transforms your iPad into the ultimate digital SketchBook.
- Sketchbook Pro is available on the new Mac Apps store at an introductory price for a limited period only.
- It costs $29.99 (which is just under £20).
- To download SketchBook Pro from the Mac App Store, you need a Mac with Mac OS X 10.6.6 or later. Learn More.
- I doubt I've ever had a bit of software load so fast and in such an accessible way. I clicked the link to buy and it zipped across the screen and into the dock!
***Introductory Price! Limited-time only*** Autodesk SketchBook® Pro for Mac is a professional-grade paint and drawing application. Using the same paint engine as its mobile counterpart, SketchBook Pro delivers a complete set of sketching & painting tools through a streamlined and intuitive user interface.
- If I was buying via Amazon the software would be Autodesk Sketchbook Pro 2011 (PC/Mac) and it would cost £88.33. I'm assuming the latest version is available at full price and that the Mac versionis maybe not be the latest whizzbang model?
SketchBook Pro is, essentially, your virtual sketchbook. Designed specifically for pen-based interaction, transform your desktop computer, laptop, or Tablet PC into a digital sketch pad. The intuitive interface makes it easy to access a host of tools and state-of-the-art features, including pencils, markers, brushes, colors, guides, layers and blending effects.Now all I have to do is work out how to use this!
The iMac version really needs a digital tablet and pen - however I got started by using my mouse. Hence the drawing of my cat Cosmo at the top of this post. Drawn using the pencil in 2B mode.
I've been titivating about digital tablets for quite some time so this is partly about me getting my head around on what make to get and what size to get.
Any suggestions re digital tablets are most welcome!
I'll be back with a review of Apps for artists in the future when I've played around some more.