|I like using different brands!|
- Artist Grade Coloured Pencils and
- Watercolour Pencils.
The links to the polls are below
- 2013 POLL: Which is the best brand of artist grade coloured pencil?
- 2013 POLL: What's your favourite watercolour pencil?
The purpose of having an Annual Opinion Poll is to identify which are the most popular coloured pencils in 2013.
- artists to change their votes if they have been experimenting with brands which they've not used before
- new brands to be reflected in the poll.
- voting to reflect changing preferences as to existing and new brands of coloured pencils
- feedback to the manufacturers about your preferences. Hopefully this provides an incentive to continue to provide continued improvement in the quality and lightfastness of products available in the marketplace
If any of the marketing people from the different pencil manufacturers are reading this and note that their new brands are NOT included please contact me with the date your product is/was made available in the marketplace AND on your website.
The results of the two polls about your favoured brands of artist grade coloured pencils and watercolour pencil in 2012 will be published tomorrow.
Brands of Artist Grade Coloured Pencils
The brands listed are all those which were available at the beginning of 2013. Not every brand is included. For example, they exclude those which are most suitable for children/school students rather than fine art.
You can find out more about the different brands in
- Artist Grade Coloured Pencils - Brand Information
- Coloured Pencils - Colours and Lightfastness
- Watercolour Pencils - Brand Information
- Blick Studio Artists
- Bruynzeel Sakura
- Caran d'Ache - Luminance (6901)
- Caran d'Ache - Neocolor II
- Caran d'Ache - Pablo
- Cretacolor Karmina
- Derwent Artist
- Derwent Coloursoft
- Derwent Drawing
- Derwent Studio
- Faber Castell Polychromos
- Holbein Artists
- Koh I Noor Polycolor
- Lyra Rembrandt Polycolor
- Mitsubishi Uni
- Prismacolor Art Stix
- Prismacolor Premier
- Prismacolor Verithin
- Soho Urban Artists
- Talens Van Gogh (6901)
- Tombow Irojiten
- Utrecht Premium
Brands of Watercolour Pencils
The brands of watercolour pencils identified for the 2013 Poll are:
- Caran d'Ache Supracolor Aquarelle
- Caran d'Ache Neocolor II Aquarelle
- Caran d'Ache Museum
- Cretacolor Aqua Monolith (Woodless)
- Cretacolor Aquarell
- Daler-Rowney Artists' Watercolour
- Derwent Aquatone (Woodless)
- Derwent Graphitint
- Derwent Inktense
- Derwent Watercolour
- Faber Castell Albrecht Durer
- General's Kimberley Thin Lead Watercolor
- Lyra Rembrandt Aquarell
- Sanford Prismacolor Watercolor
- Staedtler Karat Aquarell
- Talens Van Gogh Watercolour