Sunday, 16 December 2012

Learn how to pack, post and ship art

Have you ever found packing art or shipping art to be a bit of a challenge?

This is a time of year when a lot of artwork gets packed and mailed or shipped. Here's some polls from my website How to pack, post and ship art - Resources for Artists which highlight what most people find a challenge - and what some of the best solutions are in terms of which mail or courier service people like to use and will recommend.

POLL: Packing or shipping - which is the biggest challenge?

The top three challenges for artists are:
  • Which is the best mail / courier / shipping service (27.3%)
  • Which are the best packing materials (20.9%)
  • Where to buy good packing materials (16.5%)
POLL: Packing or shipping - which is the biggest challenge?
POLL: Packing or shipping - which is the biggest challenge?
You can find lots of information and links to resources and yet more information on my website.
Given that choosing the best mail/courier/shipping service is such a major challenge, I have two more polls on this website which review which are the best post/shipping services in the UK and the USA respectively.

Here's a reminder of how the votes have been cast.

POLL: Which is the best post/shipping service for artwork in the UK?


Which is the best post/shipping service for artwork in the UK?
Which is the best post/shipping service for artwork in the UK?


POLL: Which is the best post/shipping service for artwork in the USA?


Which is the best post/shipping service for artwork in the USA?
Which is the best post/shipping service for artwork in the USA?
At the end of last year I also ran an independent poll and this also confirmed that Shipping art: FedEx is the most trusted service


2 comments:

Casey Klahn said...

I surprised myself this year by finding the US Post to be my best carrier. I increased my shipping 400% or more, and yet the Post is the least expensive and everything has been fine, as I always hear from the patrons. This is true both with framed and unframed works.

However, if I needed a very large work shipped, framed, and overnight, I would go FedEx or possibly UPS.

I lost a sale to a European country, though, due to a 40% duty requirement. The country may feel it needs my patron's money for my art, but that is absurd!!!

Katherine Tyrrell said...

Which country was that Casey?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...