|Moleskine A3 size (16 ½” x 12”, 29cm x 42cm) Folio Sketchbook|
I haven't even got the cellophane cover off yet and I'm ecstatic.
My A4 size Moleskine Folio Sketchbook has been my new favourite sketchbook for a while now. It has all the features of the original "Large" Moleskine Sketchbook - but bigger. Which means:
- 96 pages measuring 21 x 29.7cm. This means a double spread in inches is 11.5" tall by 16" wide and is my new favourite format for sketches
- the paper is the same high quality heavy paper, acid free paper. The 160 g/m2 weight means nothing ever shows through to the other side - which means you can use both sides of a page all the way though the sketchbook!
- all the paper is FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) certified - which I applaud
- smooth black hardback cover with rounded corners and an elastic band closure . The latter is invaluable for avoiding the edges of your paper getting dog-eared.
- inside the end cover there is an inner expandable pocket which I use for mementoes of trips and tickets
The big benefit for me of having an A3 size Moleskine sketchbook is that I will now be able to do the same large sketches - but with no crease down the middle as I no longer need to use a double page spread.
|The Royal Academy - Courtyard of Burlington House - in the rain|
11" x 17", pen and ink and coloured pencils in Moleskine Folio Sketchbook A4
copyright Katherine Tyrrell
Now I've got a paper I really like for the media I use and that's big enough for the size of sketch I like to do I might even taken one apart and start selling sketches!
You can see my sketches using a Moleskine on