|Pearl Paint, 308 Canal Street, TriBeCa, New York NY 10013|
I've constructed the section by reviewing what I can find online.
The thing is - I KNOW I've read excellent reviews by art bloggers in the past about different art materials stores in New York - but I simply can't find them! It's driving me potty!
Have people stopped writing reviews of art supplies stores in New York or has Google stopped identifying them? The only ones I've found so far are the Handprint reviews of retailers which include three reviews of stores in NYC.
Anyway I'd like to develop this section to include a poll, links to reviews and a map on the website to help people visiting New York. However first I'd like to be clearer as to the relative ranking of the top ten stores - so I can construct my top 10 poll! My initial conclusions to date are:
- Pearl Paint in Lower Manhattan, between Tribeca, SoHo and Chinatown probably gets the most visitors and certainly gets the most reviews - but it also gets quite a lot of dissatisfied customers.
- Dick Blick in NoHo, Manhattan gets the most favourable reviews and is actually the top art materials store on Yelp. Plus points are well laid out store makes it easy to find what you want and helpful staff
- New York Central Art Supply between Green Village and the East Village is very much the "go to" store for fine art paper
So I'd like to ask you two questions:
- Which are your top three art supplies stores in New York? Please leave the names and locations of your top three as a comment
- Have you written a review of any of them? If so please leave a comment with the URL of your blog post and I'll link to it or reference it.
I'll then add in a poll to the website and more links to reviews of the different recommended stores.