People vary as to whether they prioritise colour or brand when making their purchase of coloured pencils.Here are some possible options identified in a new Opinion Poll I'm running on Coloured Pencils - Resources for Artists. Click this link to access the poll POLL: Coloured Pencils - do you go for Colour or Brand?
- My own personal preference is to go for the best colour from a reliable good quality brand. Hence I vary as to which brands I favour for different colours - and use most brands in the process!
- For some they go for the colour irrespective of quality issues
- Other people are dedicated to using one brand - or maybe two. Possibly because that's all the local art store stocks and they haven't yet got used to ordering online.
- I'm always looking for the right colour
- Colour is the priority - but only from brands which are good quality and reliable
- Most of my pencils are from one or two brands
- I prefer to stick to one brand
|A sample of Coloured Pencil Brands on a sketching outing|
They include: Caran d'Ache Pablo, Caran d'Ache Luminance, Derwent Artists, Derwent Coloursoft,
Derwent Signature, Faber Castell Polychromos, Lyra Rembrandt Polycolour, Karisma