You can find two BRAND NEW 2011 Opinion Polls about artists' grade pastels for 2011 on Pastels - Resources for Artists.
- Artists have already started to vote - see 2011 Poll: Which is your favourite make of soft pastels? This poll focuses on artist grade soft pastels which are available at the beginning of January 2011. This is the second of my annual polls and the third poll I've run which has sked this question. See the end for links to previous polls.
- My resources for pastel artists site also has a second poll on hard pastels further down - see 2011 POLL: Which is your favourite make of hard pastel? This includes some additional brands compared to the poll I ran last year.
|Pastels in the Sennelier Shop |
(across the Seine from the Louvre) in Paris
- new brands to be reflected in the poll
- people who have experimented with more brands and new brands since voting to change their preference if they want to
The Annual Poll can also provide feedback to the manufacturers about preferences which will hopefully provide an some incentive to continue with a good selection in the marketplace and products which continue to improve in both quality and lightfastness over time.
If any of the marketing people from the different pastel manufacturers are reading this and note that their new brands in the pipeline are NOT included please contact me with the date your product is due to be in the marketplace AND on your website.
- Which is your favourite make of soft pastels? (2010 Poll Results)
- The NEW 2010 Soft Pastels Opinion Poll
- Opinion Poll: Which is your favourite make of soft pastels? This analysed my poll on my website Pastels - Resources for Artists. This ran from 2006 through to the end of 2009 and excluded newer pastels