I've recently been giving Coloured Pencils - Resources for Artists a major overhaul. This post is by way of:
- a major update on what's changed and
- a request for information about reviews which you've done (or seen) and which might be suitable for inclusion in this leading resource about coloured pencil art.
The major changes I've been making are listed below. Click the COLOURED LINK IN CAPITALS to get to visit that section of the site.
ARTIST GRADE COLOURED PENCILS - BRAND INFORMATION
This is now organised so that brands and news/reviews relating to each individual brand are grouped together. (see also Updating Coloured Pencils which comments on websites of manufacturers)
If you've done a review of a individual brand of coloured pencils please let me know. My preference given the new layout is one brand per review.
If you've done a lightfastness test of your coloured pencils and this is not listed please let me know.
COLOURED PENCIL ART SOCIETIES & EXHIBITIONS
This includes coloured pencil art societies across the world. It also makes some of the links on the national society websites a bit more visible eg in relation to past exhibitions
If you have a coloured pencil art society - or local group - which is not listed please let me know.
HOW TO DRAW - USING COLOURED PENCILS
I've reorganised all the tips and techniques into more sensible sections and in doing so have identified some gaps in information which I'm trying to fill. At the same time I'm always keen to be able to include links to high quality information about instruction.
This is the new list of sections:
- Online Art Instruction
- Coloured Pencil workshops
- Coloured Pencils - how to use different papers and supports
- Coloured Pencils - Dry Blending and Burnishing
- Coloured Pencils - Blending using water and other solvents
- Coloured Pencils - How to use heat with wax pencils
- Coloured Pencils - Making a mark
- Coloured Pencils - How to remove or erase
- Coloured Pencils - Wax Bloom
- Coloured Pencils - General Tips and Techniques
- Coloured Pencils - Lessons, Projects and Themes
The last major part of the site relates to different subject areas
- PORTRAITS AND DRAWING PEOPLE IN COLOURED PENCILS
- BOTANICAL AND FLORAL ART IN COLOURED PENCILS
- DRAWING ANIMALS AND WILDLIFE IN COLOURED PENCILS
- STILL LIFE ART IN COLOURED PENCILS
- LANDSCAPES IN COLOURED PENCILS
If you have a tutorial which might be suitable for one of these sections please let me know.
I'd very much like to thank the very many people who have given this site a "thumbs up" on Squidoo and/or linked to it on Facebook - BEFORE the facelift! I'm very gratified to find so many people appreciate this site. I hope you also like the new and improved version.